Iam a Person Centred Counsellor with a Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling and a Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
I have experience of working with clients presenting a wide range of psychological difficulties. Many of my clients, regardless of their gender or age, have suffered from sexual abuse and trauma, which often manifests itself in relationship problems, low self-esteem, unhappy home and family life, depression, loneliness or anxiety.
I am professionally trained to work with survivors of sexual abuse. I gained my professional experience while working for STARS, Sexual Trauma and Recovery Service. It is a very sensitive area and people who have experienced sexual trauma often feel very lonely, ashamed and isolated, unable to trust others. This is why many people suppress their feelings, often for many years.
Being unable to talk about what has happened to you can be very stressful and overwhelming. I understand that finding and then contacting a counsellor is not an easy task, which requires a lot of courage from an individual. However, if you ask yourself ‘what do I have to lose?’ and ‘what can I gain?’, the answer is, you can lose the burden from your conscience and gain more confidence and peace in your life.
Working as a Person-Centred counsellor means that my work with you would be tailored to your individual needs. I can work with you using this approach, or if you prefer I can also implement some CBT techniques.
Using CBT can help you to challenge and change unhelpful, negative thoughts and behaviours and thus improve your emotional state. You can learn various coping strategies in order to target your problems.
I am registered with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I adhere to the BACP code of practice.
Areas I work with
• Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory
• Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
• Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
• Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills
• Supporting Male Victims/Survivors of sexual violence
• Working with the Body in Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Stress, Anxiety & Depression
• Understanding Anger
• The Neuroscience of early Relational Trauma and its relevance to clinical work
• Understanding the effects of attachment style on the teenage years
• Trauma informed therapeutic training
• Master’s Degree in German Language, University of Wroclaw